Are you looking for a quality earphone, but don’t want to spend more than Rs. 500?
I know It is really difficult to find proper advice when you are not spending big money on the purchase.
That’s why I have crafted this article to help you find out which earphone is best under 500 Rs in India.
And you can simply jump to the section where you see your needs being met. And know all the details about the best earphone as per your needs.
Best Balanced Sound Quality
Best For Calling Function
|Best For Bass Lovers||boAt BassHeads 225 in-Ear Super Extra Bass Headphones|
|Best for Laptop/ Desktop Usage||Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK in-Ear Headphones|
|Cheapest Option||Philips SHE1515BK/94 Upbeat Earphones with Mic |
|Best for Sports/ Gym Usage||Boult Audio BassBuds Loop in-Ear Wired Earphones |
Things to consider while finding which earphone is best under 500 Rs:
Are you a Bass lover or Melody lover?
If you are a bass lover, then go for an earphone that offers extra bass otherwise go for a balanced sound earphone if you like to listen to melodious songs more.
Go to the FAQs section if you want to find out more about your music taste.
Well, In this case we already know it is Rs 500.
What is your Primary usage? Is it Listening to Music, making frequent Phone calls or Office-Work related usage. This is important and we have handpicked popular products on the basis of usage only.
Type of User you are-
If you are a Rough user, then I would recommend you going for an earphone with a metallic body as it is more durable than the plastic body.
And Careful users are free to choose as per their will.
#1 JBL C50HI in-Ear Headphones with Mic
“ If you want to experience true balanced sound quality, then go for JBL C50HI with closed eyes. You wouldn’t be disappointed.”
JBL C50HI is the first in our quest of which earphone is best under 500. The eaphones provide a balanced, melodious listening experience with average build quality.
They come in 3 classy colour options and is a nice choice if you want a lightweight earphones.
- JBL C50HI has balanced sound quality with well-defined highs and lows. This makes it good for listening to melodious songs like Jazz, etc.
- The earphones are very lightweight and therefore cause no pain to your ears even when using for long hours.
- JBL C50HI comes with 3 sizes of ear tips for all ear types.
- The 3.5mm headphone jack is L-shaped. This not only makes the earphone more durable but also results in easy handling of your phone when in the pocket.
- The design of JBL C50HI makes it noise cancelling which means you will not be disturbed by external sounds while listening to music.
- JBL C50HI comes with a Universal remote button located along with microphone which is used to take or disconnect an ongoing call.
- JBL C50HI comes in 3 classy looking colours- Black, Blue and Red.
- JBL C50HI is also compatible with Google Assistant and Siri. You just need to long-press the remote button on the headphone and Voice Assistants will be activated.
JBL offers a standard 1-year warranty on JBL C50HI earphones.
- Google Assistant / Siri Compatible
- Noise Isolation Microphone
- Lightweight and Comfortable Design
- L-shaped Headphone jack
- Not tangle-free wire
- Average build quality
#2 SoundMagic ES11S in-Ear Wired Headphones
“If you stay on call for longer periods, SoundMagic ES11S is the best choice for you considering the high-quality microphone it has which makes your voice crystal clear to the listener.”
Our second in the list of which earphone is best under 500 is SoundMagic ES11S earphones. They provide best-in-class micrphoone among other qualities. That’s why they are our recommendation for frequent callers (and for Love Buds).
- SoundMagic ES11S has balanced sound quality which is tilted a little bit towards bass.
- Though there is sound distortion at Maximum levels, for an average user it might not pose a problem as the maximum volume of SoundMagic ES11S is really loud.
- SoundMagic ES11S has an average build quality as the whole earphones are built of plastic.
- It has an In-line microphone, whose quality is just awesome at this price point.
- It also has an In-line button to Play/ Pause music or make and manage calls.
- SoundMagic ES11S comes with 3 ear-tips (Small Medium and Large) so that it can fit into any ear size.
- The earphone has a 3.5 mm L-shaped jack which ensures that the earphones will not get broken easily from the port side.
- SoundMagic ES11S comes in 4 nice and trendy colours- Red. Green, Blue and Black.
- The L-shaped headphone jack is Gold-plated. This ensures better sound reproduction and longer durability of the earphones.
- SoundMagic ES11S comes with a warranty of 1 year. And the company gives phone support for its customers in India which is great.
- 4 colours- Red Green Blue and Black
- Best microphone quality
- Gold Plated L-shaped jack for better sound reproduction and durability
- Average build quality
- Sound distorts at higher volume
- Not tangle-free wire
#3 boAt BassHeads 225 in-Ear Super Extra Bass Headphones
“For Bass Lovers, nothing can beat boAt BassHeads 225 at this price point. They are loud. They are Punchy. They are Metallic. In short: They are Awesome”
Next in our list of which earphone is best under 500 is boAt BassHeads 225 earphones. They are made from metal to produce the extra bass that every bass lover wants. Read on to know more.
- boAt BassHeads 225 is definitely made for bass lovers. You can feel each beat of the music and your heart will start thumping with it.
- Mids and Lows are not well defined. So don’t go for this earphone if you like to listen to melodious songs more.
- Sound is extremely loud at maximum level. So you may need to stay at 50-60% volume for enjoyable listening.
- The build quality of boAt BassHeads 225 is one of the best for this price range.
- The metallic earbuds make the earphones long-lasting and house powerful 10 mm drivers that produce super thumping bass.
- The design of the earbuds ensures passive noise cancellation. So you can listen to your favourite music even in chaotic places like Market or Railway Station.
- boAt BassHeads 225 comes with 6 sets of ear-tips. So whatever size your ears are, the earphones can fit right into it.
- The earphone comes with a Gold plated L shaped jack. This ensures both the longevity of earphones and superb sound quality.
- boAt BassHeads 225 comes in 2 trendy colours: Orange and Green.
- The microphone uses noise cancellation technique that results in better call quality.
- The tangle-free flat cable relieves you from the pain of untangling the wires every time you wish to use the earphones.
Warranty: 1-year Warranty
- boAt BassHeads 225 comes with a standard 1-year Warranty.
- Passive noise cancellation
- Tangle-free cable
- L-shaped and Gold Plated Jack
- 6 sets of ear-tips
- Great Build Quality
- A bit heavy because of the use of Metal
- May cause ear pain in case of prolonged use.
#4 Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK in-Ear Headphones
“Extreme lightweight of just 14 grams makes Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK best for long-duration usage. That’s why it is our recommendation for Laptop/ Desktop uses for Developers and Designers”
The fourth in our search of which earphone is best under 500 is Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK earphone.
This earphone is very light at just 14 grams and therefore causes no pain to your ears even on prolonged uses. That’s why it is our choice for people who are looking to buy an earphone primarily for Desktop/ aptop usage.
- With 8.5 mm drivers, Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK produces balanced crystal clear sound.
- You will not experience heavy bass which is ideal for longer usage durations.
- The build quality of Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK is just average and it is not recommended for rough users who use their earphones mercilessly.
- The wires of this earphone are a bit delicate and do not come in Tangle-free design.
- Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK comes with 3 sizes of ear tips (Small, Medium and Large) to fit all needs.
- Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK is offered in 8 vibrant colours: Black, White, Green, Blue, Orange, Red, Purple and Pink
- Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK has L-shaped Headphone Jack which makes it more durable compared to non-angular ones.
- Audio-Technica is providing a cord wrap for easy wire management. This proves handy when you are carrying your earphones while traveling.
Warranty: 1-year warranty
- Audio-Technica ATH-CLR100BK comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Cord Wrap for easy wire management
- Offered in 8 vibrant colours
- L-shaped headphone jack
- Extremely light at just 14 gm
- Comfortable long-wearing design
- Wire is delicate
- Not suitable for rough users
- Not tangle-free wires
#5 Philips SHE1515BK/94 Upbeat Earphones with Mic
“If you are looking for the cheapest earphones because:
- you don’t listen to a lot of music; or
- just looking to complete your newest phone purchase (I know phone companies have stopped giving earphones now. And that’s Pathetic !!! )
Then Philips SHE1515BK/94 Upbeat Earphones is the perfect choice for you.”
Finding out which earphone is best under 500 Rs, we have got the cheapest option: Philips SHE1515BK/94.
The build quality and sound quality of Philips SHE1515BK/94 is average. Though you wouldn’t be disaapointed if you are not an avid listener. So you can safely go for this earphone if you are looking for the cheapest option.
- Philips SHE1515BK/94 Earphones gives average sound quality with average bass, average treble and average vocals clarity. However, If you want you can install a good sound equaliser and increase the sound quality to some extent.
- Philips SHE1515BK/94 Earphone features a nice quality microphone and a dedicated button to make and manage calls.
- The Wire quality of earphones is just average as it doesn’t come with Tangle-free Wires.
- Wire length, however, is good at 1.2 metres which makes it suitable for outdoor usage.
- Philips SHE1515BK/94 Earphones comes with 3 interchangeable rubber caps so that the earphones fit in every ear.
- The headphone jack is straight and not L-shaped. This compromises on the durability part of the Philips SHE1515BK/94 Earphones.
- Philips SHE1515BK/94 Earphones comes in only a single Black colour.
- The design of earphones makes passive noise cancellation possible while listening to music or talking over the phone.
- Philips SHE1515BK/94 Earphone comes with a 1-year warranty by Philips.
- Cheapest option
- Passive Noise Cancellation
- Straight Headphone Jack
- Average wire quality
- Average sound Quality
#6 Boult Audio BassBuds Loop in-Ear Wired Earphones
“If you are a Gym lover, then you should definitely grab Boult Audio BassBuds Loop Earphones. Its unique ear loops make the earphones sit tightly into your ears while you are jogging, exercising or doing other physical activity.”
The last one in the list of which earphone is best under 500 is Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphones.
These earphones are exclusively made for activity. Irrespective of whether you are a gym freak, a swimmer or a morning jogger, this pair will match all your needs. (and fulfil them beyond your expectations.)
Sound Quality: Punchy Bass
- Aerospace-grade Aluminium Alloy drivers produce thumpy bass with clear mids and highs.
Build Quality: Above average Build Quality
- Wire of Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphones are non-Flat-type but are tangle-free.
- Unique Earloop design makes it a perfect fit for sports lovers.
- Built-in Mic and inline control for managing phone calls and sound playback.
- It comes with 3 pairs of ear tips (Small, Medium and Large). Therefore it can fit into any pair of ears.
- The headphone jack of Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphones are gold plated and its slightly tilted design makes it really long-lasting.
Colour Options: 2- Red and Black
- Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphones come in 2 attractive colour options- Red and Black.
Extra Features: IPX5 Waterproof and Voice Assistants Compatible
- Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphones are also IPX5 waterproof, so you can go with yourmost intense workouts and sweat the way you want without thinking about your earphones.
- Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphone is also compatible with Google Assistant and Siri voice commands. So you can easily do a google search or set a reminder on your iPhone while still wearing your earphones.
Warranty: 1-year Warranty
- Boult Audio BassBuds Loop earphones come with a 1-year warranty.
- Siri and Google Assistant voice command
- Ear Loop for Sport Fit
- IPX5 Waterproof
- Gold Plated and tilted Headphone Jack
- Average Mic quality
FAQs about which earphone is best under 500
Q1. How do I decide between Extra Bass and Balanced earphones?
Ans. If you tend to like the songs that are fast-moving and full of beats, then probably you are a Bass lover. Otherwise, If you like songs that are full of melodies and vocals, then you should go for earphones that produce a balanced sound.
Q2. I plan to use my earphones on both mobile and Laptop/ Desktop. Do I need to buy 2 different earphones?
You can buy anyone and that will still work fine. I recommended a separate earphone for PC use because while working you need to keep your earphones on for longer durations and therefore need a lighter variant.
If you wish to use it for both cases, then I recommend you JBL C50HI Earphones. It is lightweight and provides some quality in-call functionality.
Q3. What is Waterproofing? And do I need it?
Ans. Waterproofing has come a long way and water protection is very real with today’s Gadgets. There is a standard for the level of waterproofing of a device- IPX ratings. Where IPX1 means protection from droplets of water while IPX9 means protection from Hot water when sprayed by High-pressure Nozzle.
If you would like to know more about this, head over to this website. They have got a cool infographic too for easy understanding.
Q4. Are L shaped or Angular earphone jacks better than a normal straight one? If so, Why?
L-shaped or Angular earphone jacks are better simply because they last longer.
With Normal headphone jacks, when you have put-in and pulled-off the earphones several times, the outer plastic cover tends to peel off.
Whereas if your headphone has an L-shaped or Angular jack, this problem doesn’t come into the picture because of its tilted design.
Q5. Do Tangle-free cables really don’t tangle at all?
Ans. Well, Almost.
The tangle-free cables are made with special design and material so that wires don’t tangle easily. And even when they do, it’s not really hard to untangle them.
Still having confusion?
Well, my favourite one is JBL C50HI in-Ear Headphones as I don’t like extensive bass. But if you are a bass lover then stop thinking and go for boAt BassHeads 225 earphones. I promise you would not be disappointed.
Also, If your primary use is not listed here,(And I am sorry for that) then do let me know in the comments section below and I will recommend you one by putting my research-hat on.